THIS PAGE IS FULLY PROTECTED

Friday, January 03, 2014

A New Year Begins (2014)

Good Morning!


I begin writing my new blog while simultaneously reviewing my many notes gained from 24 years as a Freemason, researching additional references, and writing a book, or possibly two that relate to my personal Masonic journey here in America.


My writing a book has been long overdue as my personal life has had many distractions in it, with an unexpected health issue in 2009 greatly delaying my efforts until now.


For those who do not know me, I have not only taken the degrees of Symbolic Freemasonry twice, I may be the first or only Freemason to have held membership in Prince Hall Grand Lodge & mainstream Grand Lodge prior to there being much recognition in place at the time I accomplished such a feat with some elements of racism having still been in place.


I do know that I am the first Black man to have held membership in Prince Hall Grand Lodge of North Carolina and mainstream Grand Lodge of North Carolina; additionally the same is true of my having held membership in both Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Ohio and mainstream Grand Lodge of Ohio.


In writing this blog and book(s), I intend to cover Masonic regulations (the Old Charges) and what they should mean to those who call themselves Freemason, and I intend to discuss the Moral Law that ALL Freemasons are obliged to obey, while offering my perspective on various ways to apply those Moral Laws to our daily living.


Some of the situations I will discuss are the double and even triple standards that are in place that I have personally dealt with, those standards being used to thwart the accomplishing of things that should be easy if individual Freemasons simply applied Masonic teachings to their modes of conduct and interaction with other Freemasons.


I will also discuss in my writings what can only be considered good business practices, management principles and even marketing. Many of these are not used effectively by leadership, partially due to selecting poor leaders in my personal opinion. I have seen effective leaders that lead by serving and guiding those that they lead... they help develop more leaders, something that is drastically needed in society, not just in Freemasonry.


The polar opposite of that example is the insecure and incompetent person thrust into leadership for a myriad of reasons, but none having to do with their Masonic, social or civic skills. Too often, leaders are chosen for simply having gone through the many stations and simply are given their turn to lead despite their inadequacies.


With all of this said, I look forward to sharing my experiences with those of you who may choose to read them. It is my fervent desire that my shared experiences, positive and negative will prove helpful in some way to others.


I will part for today.


Fraternally,


Raymond Sean Walters a/k/a Renaissance Man
The Twice Raised Freemason




No comments: