THIS PAGE IS FULLY PROTECTED

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Daily Thought May 31, 2014

Greetings!

It has been awhile since I have sat at my desk and had time to write a blog post. There has been a number of reasons for that, but I need to make better effort at posting more regularly.

As most of you may know, my primary topic is typically Masonic related, as I AM a Freemason.

Though topics vary, my pet peeve with Freemasons has been the level of incompetence I have observed, or experienced the negative end of by persons that I still wonder what selection criteria was used to admit them as members.

Over time it has become readily apparent that I have amassed a number of enemies within the Fraternity --- some due to my tendency to question, especially questioning things that are not right, and always questioning violations of the fraternity's rules and regulations.

Apparently, some persons who are selected or elected to membership have no clear understanding of Freemasonry's rules, not the limits to their power & authority based on whatever position they may hold in the fraternity.

Over 24 years of membership, I have seen good, bad and ugly... not an un-common occurrence in any aspect of life, but Freemasonry, nor its members are to be common.

It has been my understanding that we as Freemasons are to strive to become and act better than what is "common".

Therein has been a large part of the issue that I see, Freemasonry has become no different than the world outside of the lodgeroom.

If I (and other Freemasons) are forced to deal with treacherous behavior that is incompatible with Masonic teachings, and not even in line with worldly standards... where is this fraternity headed???

I do NOT have the answers, or any answers; I just have questions like many of you do also.

I will part for now...



Fraternally,

Raymond Sean Walters a/k/a Renaissance Man




No comments: